To search for any recipe, use the search box at the top left of the page.


For any queries, emails welcome at julesdinnertable@yahoo.co.uk

laksa

laksa

Thursday 11 June 2015

Leftover Roast Chicken & Gravy Pie

Now if you are an avid reader of this blog you may start to notice that I roast a fair number of chickens. My main reason? I love roast chicken, of course. Also, I love the fact that the leftovers of a roast chicken brings me all sorts of goodies. This was one of those. There was so much chicken left, including a whole breast and a leg - soup only needs the bits stripped off the bones - so I reserved all that juicy cooked meat. I now had cooked chicken and a large jug of leftover gravy (I always make too much).

The simplest thing to do was make a chicken pie. The great thing was that I didn't have to make a sauce - I had the gravy. And I didn't need to add any herbs as the gravy already had them in it. Here's all I had to do.



Ingredients:

leftover chicken
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
handful green beans, chopped
leftover gravy
1 x pack readymade shortcrust pastry
1 egg (for egg wash)

Method:

Set the oven to 180 C. Fry the onion and carrot in the oil on a medium heat for about 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the onion beginning to brown. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and gravy and mix well. Pour into a pie dish.

Roll out the pastry (I didn't even do that as I had bought ready rolled!) and cover the pie. Crimp the sides, use cut off pastry to make leaf shapes for the top and generously brush with whisked egg.

Pop in the oven for about 25 minutes when the pie is golden. Serve with mashed potatoes or chips and peas. Easy peasey!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment